1. Get to know the sequence of events and their asynchronous nature. Don’t approach action script with a procedural mindset, think asynchronously.
2. Whatch out for a maximum stack depth of 256 method calls. Avoid recursive methods.
3. Use hungarian notation for variable naming to avoid make the lack of strong typing more palatable.
4. Don’t worry too much about the number of movie clips or memory leaks, but do try and re-use stage objects when possible.
6. Spread frame labels, code, and comments over multiple layers for better readability.
7. Set up a button for skipping between sections of your movie.
8 For more samples, see also Byron’s flash examples.