Here are my notes (including a HaikuDeck) from a nice video by Tony Robbins about making your resolutions stick.
- Craft a vision that pulls you (not pushes you) (It has to be something you want)
- Back it up with reasons to pull you through. They don’t have to be logical reasons, for example: photos of loved ones make good motivations to stay on track.
- Burn the boats – don’t set a goal, make a resolution.
- Review it and feel it every day
- Focus on progress, not change
- Great ideas don’t interrupt you, you have to pursue them.
- We live who we believe we are
- Raise your standards. We get what we must have.
- Don’t compete with others. Compete with what you’re capable of.
- Discipline weights ounces – regret weighs tons.
- What do you want? What rituals will get you there?