Michael Arrington of TechCrunch led a discussion about Web 2.0, and whether the rift of new companies will succeed. Here are a few bullet points I jotted down.
- We’re not in an echo chamber
- Many new businesses will reach the mainstream
- 9 out of 10 will fail, and few are genuinely innovative
- Is advertising a sufficient business model (yes, it is growing, only a fraction of advertising spending is online so far)
- Net Neutrality could cripple innovation
- The network effect makes sites successful
- There can be plenty of successful microbusineses